Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Don't Like To Dream About Getting Paid

One of my most recurring, day dream fantasies is to be a starving musician living in an unfurnished loft in the gutter side of downtown vancouver. living completely alone and detached from the world outside me. just my thoughts and window, my pen and pad, my keyboard and guitar. that's it. writing endless verses without so much as knowing the meaning of writer's block. hitting every combination of keys and strings never been heard, effortlessly. belting every human emotion never been felt, sublimely. striking inconceivable chords at the speed of sound straight to the heart, directly.
and after my unforeseen, unfortunate and mysterious demise, instead of band wagon jumpers only the truly touched will hang on to my work for a moment's peace. elliott smith style.

the meaning of shame is someone living your dream but them only seeing it as their nightmare.

we only see the pros of our aspirations, ignoring the cons. and the fortunate concentrate on the cons, sometimes fatally, ignoring the pros.

forever envious are we. forever envious is me.

1 comment:

  1. I can see you in my mind's eye. The loft, the emotion, a pile of unread mail by the door. It is raining again but you don't even notice it so wrapped up in the sounds coming from your heart and instrument. You have missed dinner and probably lunch before that but it doesn't matter. You are living you music. You are in your music.

    The next Writer's Challenge is up on my blog. Jan.15, 2010 is the publish date. Come by and see the topic for this one. I can explain how to link up if you want to join in.

    ReplyDelete