Saturday, November 7, 2009

An Introduction


First off, this whole site will pretty much be an introduction to who i am.
Amman, my name means peace and these are my pieces. i love writing but please don't call me a writer, it embarrasses me. plus my grammar is horrible and i use profanity. i'm also not a big fan of my shift key because my keyboard's shift keys are smaller than they should be, which cause for mishaps. i'll be using capitals when i please. to summarize; bad grammar, occasional profanity and no capitals. if these things bother you, try to get over it, it won't be hard.
its 2:30am right now. most of my reading and writing takes place when the owls are hooting. damn! that would've been a good domain name, "the hooting owl". sometimes my writing can be wise like the owl but in real life i am far from. in fact, i'm irresponsible and grossly immature but i get to be a little wiser and a tad bit more mature when i write. a friend once called my writing "insightful", i was taken aback by the compliment, it definitely inflated my balloon. to be insightful, to me, is in a way to be selfless and to be selfless, to me, is to be great! i snapped back to reality. that's a lie. i considered greatness for a moment. then i was involuntarily forced back to reality. i'm not insightful. i can meet her halfway though and agree on being honest. i wish i was insightful. i wish what i wrote spilled over to real, day to day life but most often it doesn't. odd how my writing makes me something better than i really am.
at first i wanted my blog to be called "just a thought" but it was taken. that idea was inspired by "just a thought" by gnarls barkley. the chorus goes, "i've tried everything but suicide, but it's crossed my mind" then he says, rather than singing, "it's just a thought". that's always stuck with me. it's just a thought, nothing else, it shouldn't scare you. it was a feeling at a particular moment that passed just as sure as that moment. so remember that if something i write offends you... its just a thought. my thoughts. and my views often alter with time and further knowledge. you're allowed to disagree or agree with them. thoughts intrigue me, their ever variations and their power. so share with me yours. everything i write will be mostly a continuous train of thought. when the train stops the fingers stop typing and the post ends. so it might get a little erratic and disorganized as far as flow goes. try to understand it, it won't be hard.
i went through about 10 names before landing on pieces-o-peace. i don't mind it as much now as i did at first. turns out there is or was a band by that name. there is no connection, just a coincidence, but judging from the picture of them above, they might've been some cool cats to jive with.
read if you want, i'd surely appreciate it. at first i'll just put up some of my posts from facebook and i'll try to keep it fresh all the while.
this is going to be weird, putting my thoughts out there for the world. i hope it will force me to write more often if i can convince myself someone is actually waiting to read. plus i kind of like the idea of strangers potentially reading what i have to say. so try to enjoy, i hope it won't be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment